Wednesday 14 September 2011

Conquering Demons

I went for a walk yesterday in the area to pick up some things. Enroute, I found myself at the intersection where, on March 6th, my world changed forever. It's the first time since that day that I found myself, on foot, in that area.

So, I decided to face a demon.  I  crossed the street and stood on the exact spot in the middle of the intersection, on the traffic island, where Kim was taken from us. At that precise moment, I felt a breeze and a sense of release.   It may sound kind of corny, but I firmly believe my being there "sent a message".  Kind of a hockey mentality.

We go through our lives these days, observing and encountering various "first days" (birthdays, holidays etc.).  September 13 become one of those days, in a conquering kind of way.  There are many battles to be faced.  We take them one at a time.

Another demon has been conquered.....To the rest of them, don't fuckin' mess with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment